• A greater sense of wellbeing inclusive of physical fitness
• Awareness of limiting forces in goal achievement and how to negotiate them
• Strategies to navigate and overcome personal fears
• Improvement in relationships and discerning which ones support ambition
• Increased confidence and assuredness in life
• A better – more holistic – balance of life tasks, such as work, family and other responsibilities
• How to communicate more effectively and purposefully
• Options in career paths and awareness of hidden potentials
• A more optimistic, creative and purposeful outlook
The Holistic Life Coach facilitates this process, but the Client comes to their own decisions, conclusions and outcomes. From here the Client develops strategies, with ongoing support as needed, to enact these toward life goals.
• For personal development
• To increase awareness about health management for self and family
• To improve on occupational and career direction and ambitions
• To augment a business, such as health product delivery
• For health professionals, wishing to augment their practices with a more detailed holistic approach and to gain a coaching perspective
• As a foundation to the certificate: Holistic Life Counselling
• There are eight modules, delivered over a minimum one-year period.
• Each module has reading material, websites, activities and an assignment.
• There is a one-day online workshop that accompanies each module.
• Each student (or “you”) will receive the ongoing support of a tutor (one of “us”).
• You will be asked to demonstrate interviewing techniques and abilities in various ways.
• You will be expected to “meet” in a study group on occasion, and each one of you will have a “study buddy”.
• You are assigned a Tutor who guides and mentors you through the Course and beyond.
• The workshops are face-to-face to provide more information, as well as the opportunity for more questions and interaction.
• These workshops will also be available in an online format for further review and study.
• Personal interaction is deemed essential, as this is the foundation of the life coaching process prior to and before looking at alternatives, such as phone, email and online.
• As well as the workshops and Tutor relationship, there are various levels of supervision and interaction amongst participants, including:
o Supervision of the coaching process and work with Clients
o Study Group interaction, face-to-face and online
o A one-to-one study relationship with another participant (“Study Buddy”)
A module takes a minimum of 15 hours over a minimum six-week period, and the modules are sequential.
Each module is accompanied by a one-day workshop at a convenient location, usually at a weekend. If you can’t attend a workshop, it will be repeated at a future date. Additionally there is an online version. (Additional interaction may be advised depending on individual circumstance.)
The Study Group and supervision work will depend on each participant group. Again, this will operate online as well as face-to-face. (Again, these will be flexible in response to circumstance.)
The Academy is an autonomous and independent body. It is self-managed and maintains those affiliations that support its principles and direction.
As Holistic Life Coaching is relatively unique and inclines more toward the counselling, artistic and spiritual domaina, the Academy does not align itself with restrictive and controlling agencies.
Instead the Academy intends for a position of autonomy and excellence, and is not directed toward statutory governance.
The Counselling Course is a Certificate Course within the Holistic Life Academy. It further life coaching into the significantly related counselling domain.
Membership of the Academy provides you with ongoing peer support, as well as opportunities for further career and personal development certificates.
• To develop a new or augmented career direction with guidance and support
• To integrate the course material with the concurrently delivered Business Coaching Course
• To be involved with a group of like-minded individuals
• Further study opportunities
• Further guidance and direction for career choices and direction